Followed instruction from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=41546 to install Lion 10.7.2 on my newly bought HP 4530S (i3, 4GRAM, 320GB 7200RPM).
- Got a kernel panic upon reboot after installing hp installer, reset BIOS to factory default fixed that.
- Alt key is the Command key.
- Had a hard time to exit from full screen mode, found solution from here.
- [01/07/2012] Installed VirtualBox 4.1.8 and tried to start Ubuntu 11.10 64bit server and it failed with the following error, downgraded to 4.1.6 solved the problem.
VT-x features locked or unavailable in MSR. (VERR_VMX_MSR_LOCKED_OR_DISABLED).
Had a hardtime to get Lion download started following the guide at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html, I kept getting “This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer” error while try to install Lion via App Store. Tried changing the system definition to MacPro3,1 without success. Found the solution from the comments below the guide (actually just found out it was mentioned very obviously in the guide as well, not sure it’s added after many people reported the same problem):
1) Get the newest version of multibeast (currently 3.8)
2) Select “System Utilities”, “Chimera” (this is the key), “MacPro3,1” and install